This is a quick post that middle Tennessee software developer community members can use if they are interested in coming in to Nashville Software School to speak with students.
- How I became a developer, and the important lessons I learned on that journey.
- What to expect in your first job.
- This is how I find ways to connect with other people in the community and grow my network.
- These non-technical skills help me every day because technical wizardry only gets you so far.
- This is how I grow my skills when I'm interested in learning something new.
- These are some important meta-topics that are important to me (ethics, software quality, equality, diversity, how the internet works, REST, etc).
- I've worked on (or currently working on) a great team. This is what makes it great.
- Here's some basic software algorithms that I've used over the years. This is why I used them.
- How we are using technology to change the industry that we are serving.